If you feel the need to summon Imhotep 1 1 Designer of the first Egyptian pyramid ever built, Imhotep is one of only a handful of Egyptian gods who began life as a mortal, historical figure. in a dream, follow these instructions, as recorded on a 3rd-century A.D. Greek magical papyrus 2 2 Now in the British Museum.:
- Find a ‘gecko from the fields’.
- Drown it in a bowl of lily oil.
- Engrave the words ‘Asclepius of Memphis’ (i.e. Imhotep) in Greek onto an iron ring that was once a shackle.
- Dunk the ring in your expired-gecko lily oil.
- Hold the ring up to the Pole Star.
- Say seven times, ‘Menophri, sitting on the cherubim, send me the real Asclepius, not a deceitful demon instead of the God.’
- In the room where you sleep, burn three grains of frankincense in a bowl and pass the ring through the smoke.
- Say ‘Lord Asclepius, appear!’ seven times.
- Where the ring on the index finger of your right hand while you sleep.
- Wait for Imhotep to appear in your dream.
~Excerpted from “The Egyptian Myths: A Guide to the Ancient Gods & Legends” by Garry J. Shaw